Travel Fun For the Mature Adventuress!
Come explore with an adventuress...
Read true stories by women over 50 doing fun things to stimulate the adventuress in you—I know there is one—and read about how to plan your own dream adventure.
Read reviews of books and films about, by, and for women who love to travel.
Meet other adventuresses. Find answers to your most sensitive questions, like, what kind of toilets do they have in Tibet?
For the shopping adventuress, there’ll be our very own Cave of Treasures—watch for this coming soon.
Learn about interesting places, have fun, and be entertained. And don’t forget to bookmark adventuress-travel-magazine.com as one of your ‘favorites.’
On a recent trip to China, I met several women "of a certain age" traveling with each other, rather than with a husband or male companion.
Some were divorced—one had never been married—and one said to me, “My husband said he wasn’t interested in China and why don’t I just go with one of my friends?”
Two of my friends—you’ll meet them in a future article—traveled for years with their mothers, exploring new cultures and making new friends around the globe. Imagine having that kind of relationship with your mother! How special that must be.
I came home from China thinking, we need a place to share our unique experiences.
We need a place to meet like-minded women who’ve had “a life” and can still thrill at the sound of camel bells and be awed by the hooooooo-hoo of howler monkeys.
We need our own magazine.
Et viola, adventuress-travel-magazine.com was born.
For you adventuresses who are reading these pages while you’re at work—there’s no music here, no sudden sounds to startle you or alert your co-workers that you are having a little secret, fantasy middle-of-the-workday-getaway adventure online.
--Carolyn V. Hamilton, editor and chief adventuress
- TODAY'S BLOG
- The official (why not?) blog from Editor/Chief Adventuress Carolyn Hamilton.
- About Us
- Carolyn Hamilton talks about how she began Adventuress Travel Magazine.
- The Adventuress Quiz
- A fun way to test your adventuress gene
- Before You Go
- Before you head off for that special adventure, you want to be sure you’ve planned well.
- True Adventuress Travel Tales
- Travel stories told by adventuresses in their own words
- Profiles of Real Adventuresses
- Profiles of women just like you who have—whether they meant to or not—chosen the life of an adventuress.
- Eat the World
- Eat well enjoying restaurants and recipes for gourmand adventuresses around the world
- Books We Love
- Books can expose us to new ideas and wild adventures and enthusiastic adventuresses.
- Spas Adventuresses Love
- Discovering spas is a special gift an adventuress gives to herself.
- Adventuresses in History
- Historic adventuresses have tip-toed, rampaged, danced and otherwise stepped through the pages of history.
- 700 Days in Suriname, a Peace Corps Diary
- Follow a "senior" Peace Corps volunteer as she journals and paints her way through two years in Suriname, South America
- Writers Guidelines
- Writers, submit your story and photos to Adventuress Travel Magazine